OpeniBoot is an open source implementation of Apple Inc.'s closed source bootloader iBoot. It allows the booting of unsigned code on supported iDevices (such as Linux kernels). It can be controlled via OpeniBoot console (oibc) which can be connected to from a libusb enabled computer.
As of 2014 the following iDevices are fully supported by OpeniBoot:
As of 2012 these are the status of ports for various iDevices.
- iPhone - Fully supported
- iPhone 3G - Fully supported
- iPhone 3GS - Partially Supported
- iPhone 4 (GSM) - Partially Supported
- iPhone 4 (CDMA) - Partially Supported
- IPod Touch (original) - Fully Supported
- iPod Touch 2G - Partially Supported
- iPod Touch 3G - Not Supported, Waiting For Port
- iPod Touch 4G - Partially Supported
- iPad - Partially Supported